Close Menu
PlayActionNews

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Fight By Fight Preview | UFC Fight Night: Allen vs Costa

    May 11, 2026

    The Bounce: Let’s mock the lottery after the Wizards won the No. 1 pick

    May 11, 2026

    Fantasy Football Video: Are Vikings, Justin Jefferson a ‘sleeping giant’ with Kyler Murray in town for 2026?

    May 11, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Daily News
    • Soccer
    • Baseball
    • Basketball
    • Football
    • Boxing
    • UFC
    • Fantasy
    Monday, May 11
    PlayActionNews
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    PlayActionNews
    Home»Soccer»UK government ‘deeply saddened’ as Maccabi Tel Aviv decline any Aston Villa tickets | Maccabi Tel Aviv
    Soccer

    UK government ‘deeply saddened’ as Maccabi Tel Aviv decline any Aston Villa tickets | Maccabi Tel Aviv

    By October 21, 20253 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    UK government ‘deeply saddened’ as Maccabi Tel Aviv decline any Aston Villa tickets | Maccabi Tel Aviv
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The UK government has said it is “deeply saddened” by Maccabi Tel Aviv’s decision to decline any tickets offered to their fans for the Europa League match at Villa Park.

    The local safety advisory group opted last week to block visiting fans from attending the tie against Aston Villa on 6 November after a risk assessment by West Midlands police, a decision that drew criticism from politicians including the prime minister, Keir Starmer.

    There have been calls for the decision to be reversed, but a statement on the Maccabi website on Monday evening read: “The wellbeing and safety of our fans is paramount and, from hard lessons learned, we have taken the decision to decline any allocation offered on behalf of away fans, and our decision should be understood in that context.

    “We hope that circumstances will change and look forward to being able to play in Birmingham in a sporting environment in the near future.”

    The statement questioned the motives of those seeking to justify the ban.

    “We acknowledge the efforts of the UK government and police to ensure both sets of fans can attend the match safely, and are grateful for the messages of support from across the footballing community and society at large,” said the club. “Our first-team squad consists of Muslims, Christian and Jewish players and our fanbase also crosses the ethnic and religious divide. We have also been working tirelessly to stamp out racism within the more extreme elements of our fanbase.

    UK government answers urgent questions on Tel Aviv football derby – video

    “It is clear that various entrenched groups seek to malign the Maccabi Tel Aviv fanbase, most of whom have no truck with racism or hooliganism of any kind, and are exploiting isolated incidents for their own social and political ends.

    “As a result of the hate-filled falsehoods, a toxic atmosphere has been created, which makes the safety of our fans wishing to attend very much in doubt.”

    skip past newsletter promotion

    Sign up to Football Daily

    Kick off your evenings with the Guardian’s take on the world of football

    Privacy Notice: Newsletters may contain information about charities, online ads, and content funded by outside parties. If you do not have an account, we will create a guest account for you on theguardian.com to send you this newsletter. You can complete full registration at any time. For more information about how we use your data see our Privacy Policy. We use Google reCaptcha to protect our website and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    after newsletter promotion

    A UK government spokesperson said: “The government has been working around the clock to defend a basic principle, that football fans should be able to enjoy a game without fear of intimidation or violence. We are deeply saddened Maccabi Tel Aviv have turned down their away fan allocation but we respect their right to do so.

    “It is completely unacceptable that this game has been weaponised to stoke violence and fear by those who seek to divide us. We will never tolerate antisemitism or extremism on our streets.”

    Earlier on Monday, the culture secretary, Lisa Nandy, said the decision to bar supporters “chooses exclusion” of Jewish people.

    Aston Aviv decline deeply government Maccabi saddened Tel Tickets Villa
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    Soccer

    Dan Burn claims Newcastle veterans still have plenty to offer after old guard relieve pressure on Eddie Howe

    May 3, 2026
    Soccer

    Aberdeen ready to move for Hibs’ Boyle – gossip

    May 3, 2026
    Soccer

    Was season a missed opportunity for Wrexham?

    May 3, 2026
    Soccer

    Miami GP: George Russell says ‘smooth’ driving style the reason for deficit to Mercedes team-mate Kimi Antonelli | F1 News

    May 3, 2026
    Soccer

    Amad Diallo backed by Michael Carrick to recover from half-time hook despite Man Utd star’s dismal stats this season

    May 2, 2026
    Soccer

    Forest winger fined for failing to tax supercar

    May 2, 2026
    Editors Picks

    Pacquiao wants to fight again: Can Romero or Mayweather be next?

    July 20, 2025

    July update: 2025 top 10 prospect rankings for all 30 MLB teams

    July 20, 2025

    NBA free agency 2025 – Reaction and grades for the biggest signings

    July 20, 2025

    Fantasy baseball lineup advice and betting tips for Sunday

    July 20, 2025
    Top Reviews

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Editor's Picks

    Fight By Fight Preview | UFC Fight Night: Allen vs Costa

    May 11, 2026

    The Bounce: Let’s mock the lottery after the Wizards won the No. 1 pick

    May 11, 2026

    Fantasy Football Video: Are Vikings, Justin Jefferson a ‘sleeping giant’ with Kyler Murray in town for 2026?

    May 11, 2026

    Joshua Van has a message for Alexandre Pantoja after his UFC 328 victory

    May 11, 2026
    Latest Posts
    Facebook Pinterest WhatsApp Instagram

    Popular Categories

    • Baseball
    • Basketball
    • Fantasy
    • Boxing
    • Daily News

    Trending News

    • Football
    • Picks
    • Soccer
    • UFC

    Useful Links

    • About Us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 PlayActionNews .
    • About Us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.