Close Menu
PlayActionNews

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Braves give Dominic Smith non-roster invite to major league camp

    February 18, 2026

    Sources: Kings’ Sabonis, LaVine have season-ending surgeries

    February 18, 2026

    2026 NFL Draft Rookie Profile: Fernando Mendoza (Fantasy Football)

    February 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Daily News
    • Soccer
    • Baseball
    • Basketball
    • Football
    • Boxing
    • UFC
    • Fantasy
    Wednesday, February 18
    PlayActionNews
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    PlayActionNews
    Home»Boxing»Golden Boy, DAZN move forward with March 14 show; Oscar Collazo gets new foe
    Boxing

    Golden Boy, DAZN move forward with March 14 show; Oscar Collazo gets new foe

    By February 17, 20266 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Golden Boy Promotions
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Oscar Collazo 09202025 | Source: Cris Esqueda / Golden Boy Promotions
    (Cris Esqueda / Golden Boy Promotions)

    Golden Boy Promotions’ most recent announcement provides positive news for its 2026 plans. 

    Following a period of uncertainty, Golden Boy will move forward with its already assembled March 14 show, to air live on DAZN from the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. Arnold Barboza Jnr and Kenneth Sims Jnr will headline the card in a high-stakes showdown that marks the welterweight debut for both boxers.

    In supporting capacity, Oscar Collazo and Gabriela Fundora will make separate defenses of their respective unified championships. 

    Puerto Rico’s Collazo, 13-0 (10 KOs), was previously due to face the Philippines’ Melvin Jerusalem in a three-belt 105lbs unification in what would have been a mouthwatering rematch. That fight was tabled with hopes to revisit later this year.

    Instead, Collazo – the recognized lineal, RING, WBA and WBO champ – will face Mexico’s Jesus Haro, 13-3 (2 KOs), as he attempts his seventh overall title defense of at least one belt.

    “I’m very happy to be returning to the ring this coming March 14th. Unfortunately, we won’t be pursuing a unification bout for reasons beyond my control,” said Collazo. “The company presented us with this opportunity with Jesús Haro. I respect him because I know he comes with the desire and hunger to be champion, but on March 14th he’ll be facing the best in the division. “Without a doubt, Puerto Rico vs. Mexico is a guaranteed war. We’re ready to put on a great fight and secure a solid victory for Puerto Rico.”

    Haro enters his first career title fight and just his second scheduled 12-rounder. 

    “It’s going to be a great fight,” said Jesus Haro. “The Mexico-Puerto Rico rivalry has always been present in this sport, and although I was born in the USA and I love this country, Aztec warrior blood runs through my veins, and I’m not going to let my Mexican people down.”

    Fundora’s plans remain intact. The unbeaten lineal, RING and undisputed flyweight queen will defend against mandatory challenger and WBA interim titlist Viviana Ruiz. 

    The fight represents the sixth defense of at least one belt for Fundora, 17-0 (9 KOs), the 2024 Fighter of the Year and high among the sport’s best pound-for-pound fighters. The 23-year-old southpaw from Coachella, California has scored knockout victories in five of her six title fights and has every intention of adding to that stat.

    “There are only two ways of doing something, the right way or the wrong way.” said Fundora. “We are preparing to put on a great performance on March 14th at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California.” 

    The bout puts two Fundoras on the schedule in March. Sebastian Fundora, Gabriela’s older brother, risks his WBC 154lbs title versus Keith Thurman atop a March 28 PBC on Prime Video pay-per-view event from MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. 

    As for the headlining act, Barboza and Sims both aim to rebound from separate defeats last year. 

    Barboza, 32-1 (11 KOs) saw his career soar to new heights and then crash in burn all within the first 122 days of 2025. 

    He earned his biggest win to date in a decision victory over former title challenger Jack Catterall last February on the road in England. The win set up a WBO mandatory challenge of then-140lbs king Teofimo Lopez, but Barboza fell well short in a disappointing showing last May 2 in New York City.

    “I’m officially stepping back into the ring after some much needed time off,” said Barboza. “My first loss didn’t break me, it built me. Built a new team, new gym, new mindset yet still same purpose, same hunger, same goals. I heard the doubters get louder. I saw some opinions change yet nothing about me changed. 

    “This is bigger than revenge. This is the Redemption Tour.”

    The same mindset is carried by his opponent, who was forced to push past his own disappointment. 

    Sims, 22-3-1 (8 KOs) saw a nine-fight win streak come to a halt in a 12-round majority decision defeat to Oscar Duarte last August 2 in his Chicago hometown. The nip and tuck affair saw Duarte not only prevail but parlay that win into a title shot against IBF 140lbs beltholder Richardson Hitchins this weekend in Vegas. 

    Meanwhile, it’s on to new business for Sims who is no stranger to redemption. And it comes in a fight he sought at 140lbs but now secures one weight higher in the wide-open welterweight division. 

    “This is a fight that I’ve been wanting for a long time,” noted Sims. “Barboza is a good fighter who’s been on the big stage, but I’ve always known that I am a better fighter than him and only wanted the chance to prove it. 

    “I’ve been chasing this opportunity for years now and this is a great time for it to finally happen. This is a do or die fight for both of us, and I can’t wait to get in there and handle business on March 14.”

    Meanwhile, the development is very good news for Golden Boy, at a time when it can use any positive vibes.

    The company remains embroiled in a bitter lawsuit with Vergil Ortiz Jnr, all while the unbeaten junior middleweight aims for an April showdown with Jaron “Boots” Ennis. The matter is due to appear before a Nevada judge this Friday in Las Vegas.

    There were concerns that Golden Boy could not move forward with its 2026 schedule, as it remained without a deal in place with DAZN. The two sides remain in talks, with the March 14 show now appearing on the streaming service’s calendar providing hope for optimism for all involved.  

    Jake Donovan is an award-winning journalist who served as a senior writer for BoxingScene from 2007-2024, and news editor for the final nine years of his first tour. He was also the lead writer for The Ring before his decision to return home. Follow Jake on X and Instagram.

    Boy Collazo DAZN foe Golden March Move Óscar Show
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    Baseball

    Rafael Devers, in his first spring training with the Giants, is just ready to move on: ‘Boston is in the past’

    February 18, 2026
    Boxing

    F1 pre-season testing 2026: Fastest times and most laps completed by each team at final Bahrain test in Sakhir | F1 News

    February 18, 2026
    Boxing

    Tyson Fury brings in former heavyweight champion for Makhmudov training camp: “He’s here”

    February 18, 2026
    Soccer

    ‘The soul left’: how Everton’s move from Goodison hurt the area’s pubs | Everton

    February 18, 2026
    Boxing

    Pacquiao returning to ring for exhibition bout vs Provodnikov in April

    February 18, 2026
    Football

    Former Steelers wide receivers coach lands on staff of AFC foe

    February 18, 2026
    Editors Picks

    Pacquiao wants to fight again: Can Romero or Mayweather be next?

    July 20, 2025

    July update: 2025 top 10 prospect rankings for all 30 MLB teams

    July 20, 2025

    NBA free agency 2025 – Reaction and grades for the biggest signings

    July 20, 2025

    Fantasy baseball lineup advice and betting tips for Sunday

    July 20, 2025
    Top Reviews

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Editor's Picks

    Braves give Dominic Smith non-roster invite to major league camp

    February 18, 2026

    Sources: Kings’ Sabonis, LaVine have season-ending surgeries

    February 18, 2026

    2026 NFL Draft Rookie Profile: Fernando Mendoza (Fantasy Football)

    February 18, 2026

    Rams re-sign OL David Quessenberry

    February 18, 2026
    Latest Posts
    Facebook Pinterest WhatsApp Instagram

    Popular Categories

    • Baseball
    • Basketball
    • Fantasy
    • Boxing
    • Daily News

    Trending News

    • Football
    • Picks
    • Soccer
    • UFC

    Useful Links

    • About Us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 PlayActionNews .
    • About Us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.